Friday, September 25, 2009

Lost in Music Never Felt So Good

It's almost midnight, and is definitely past my bedtime. I got lost in music tonight, and I have never felt so good in my life about it. I haven't felt this good about getting lost in music for a long time. I have felt so uninspired for a long time. However, it all felt different tonight. I don't know what it is in Logic 9 that has inspired me but this tool must be God given, because it just lifted my spirits. I started playing with my song, "I Wanna Be..." because there was so much that I never liked about it. The bass was flabby and loose and the guitars felt mushy... at least until tonight. I decided to play with Logic's flex audio and tighten the bass to the kick drum by locking it with a groove template that I made with the kick. All of a sudden, the bass sounded so amazingly tight, that the song felt like a new song. Then I went to the guitars and played with Logic's Amp Designer and Pedalboard and I fell in love with the sound. All of a sudden, the music sounded so tight, it kicked. Next thing you know, I looked up at the clock and saw how late it was. It felt so exciting that I didn't really care. I wish the music felt like this all the time. Funny, how I never got this way out of my POD X3, and I love the sounds out of it as well. There's something in this program that just looses me in the music, and I love it. I'm totally grateful because music feels fun again. It feels like music to me. I can't wait to get lost in it again!

No comments: