Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lose this life...

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
Matthew 16:25
King James Version (KJV)

I can take a line out of Michael Tait's song, "Lose this life", and relate to it right now (actually, I can relate to the entire song): Like a raging sea, fear want to swallow me...

I can try to swim in a sea of uncertainty right now and buy into the fear of things happening. Or, I can trust God and find peace in knowing that regardless of what happens in life. Rather than fight the waters, I can let the waters take me to where God will be waiting for me.

Nothing is certain in life, and nothing in this life has any guarantees. I've had good times and and I have bad times. The past while, I will admit, have been good times. It's no secret that God brought me to these
good times and has done so in many ways. I couldn't have gone half this far on my own and it's no question that God has been gracious and merciful and brought us through both the storms into prosperous moments. There's no question that times are changing and along with those
changing times, situations change.

However, does God change? Not at all. God has been the same loving, gracious and merciful God in all of our good times as well as in our bad. God was there in some of the worst storms I had every faced, and yet through it all, I never stopped believing. If times change, and I'm sure they will, I am going to hold on, not to whatever things my hands can reach out to, but to God as God will ultimately pull me through. It's more than an worldly generosity, which is not only finite, but very short lived.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that things are going to change. In fact, that's where the uncertainty is. I don't have answers and I have no idea as to what tomorrow will bring. Do I stop and worry about it? For once, I don't want to. If anything, I want to be the best person that I can be. If anything, I always seem to pray in the morning God will shine His light through me. If anything, it's pretty easy to be a lighthouse on a clear and starry night. I think that God is about to give me a situation that answers the prayers I have been asking for. There may be water crashing up on the rocks and there may be foggy outcomes... this is where a lighthouse is needed. In this uncertainty, God may very well shine His light through me for everyone to see.

So, I have a choice: I can either live in the uncertainty of this world and try fight the waters OR I can simply give it all over and trust God in that He has something better planned.

No comments: