Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The "magic" words

Psalm 121:1-2
I lift up my eyes to the mountains---where does my help come from? [2] My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

These seem to be my words of the week. I remember reading a post on facebook from Casting Crowns of this miraculously fixed to a tree after a hurricane, giving new meaning to their song, "Praise You In The Storm". I also remember a Hebrew version of this psalm that we sing on Yom Kippur.

Funny enough, I found myself turning to these verses out of instinct, last night going through my own storm. I had an overwhelming two days as there was a problem with my son's medication and Joelle is not around to fix it. I was starting to panic a bit because one cannot play with these types of medications. Honestly, I felt powerless and helpless.

I also knew that God doesn't disappoint and always comes through in some way or another when one has "faith as small as a mustard seed".

I believe God was waiting for me to display my faith in Him. He wanted me to take that one tiny step. That's when both the psalm and that song started coming out of my lips. It was at that moment only did everything come together. Not only was the problem straightened out, but they got delivered right to our door. I think that God wanted me to display my faith because he knew that the eyes of my heart would be open so I could see Him at work. One might say that He was waiting for me to say the magic words. Perhaps, I should say them more often when I find myself in these situations.

No comments: