Saturday, April 25, 2009

Okay! Here's the goal: 20 in 30

I've been going about my goals all wrong. Here I am thinking that what I want is a just to lose the gut and drop some pounds. However, it has me almost tied to the scale and makes me wonder if it's ever going to work. If anything, I have discovered something just as measurable and one of the more fun goals I want to attain which I am sure will give me a more capable body to meet it. Instead of eying a scale and measuring tape, I should be eying the odometer of my bike.

Yes! The odometer.

Right now, I have managed to build myself up to being able to pedal about 13Km in roughly 30 minutes (16Km on a great day). That's a cycling speed of about 26Km/h on a good day. That's not bad, but I know that I can do better. Much better. Thus, my goal is to be able to reach a cycling speed of 40Km/h to be able to do a distance of 20Km in 30 minutes. As crazy as it sounds, I believe that I can achieve this, even with my leg as it is. I am prepared to do whatever it takes to get this speed on my bike. This obviously means that I am going to have to watch everything I eat, which I have been doing for the last 2 months... and I have lost over 10lbs, and lots of training on the bike. I have make progress from 9Km in 30 minutes to 13Km on average. That's not bad in the past 4 months. It's now time to take it to the next level. This will be a lot more fun... and a fit body will then be a happy side benefit from this.

I know that this is doable and I am going to reach it, or die trying! I can feel it in my innards!

No comments: