Friday, June 20, 2008

My baby... restored!

Last night, I was at my local Long & McQuade ordering a case for my 30-year old Ibanez Artist (that I've been through hell and back, as life would describe it) because that guitar is really like my baby. It's like it has been my best friend during my worst times. I had already taken steps to revive it, as mentioned in one of my previous blogs. This time, I wanted to take it a bit further. I remembered Steve at L&M telling about the Fender Restoration Kit, and after getting an enthusiastic response from Doug last night over there, I decided to plunk my $30 down on it to see what it could do for my baby.

In short, I was amazed...

I applied the Mist & Wipe first and things started looking good. Afterwards, I applied the Swirl & Haze Remover with their supplied foam applicator and that's when the magic happened. The entire finish came back to life and a lot of the surface marks disappeared. I felt like I got a new guitar from it. It simply looked amazing. I then applied the Fretboard Deep Conditioner and it just lifted all of the dirt off of the fretboard. That ebony fretboard was a black as could be. If anything, I really wanted to play it last night, but it was time to go to bed.

Just to make sure that I wasn't dreaming, I had a look at the guitar this morning before I went to work. It still had the same WOW! factor on it as it had last night. It made me realize just how beautiful my baby looked back then, even though I never really appreciated it that much then. I sure do appreciate it now!

No comments: